Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reflections of a tired mind

I am in the process of preparing myself to write the last exam in my post graduate diploma Adult education. I will be pleased when this is all over and I can forget about studying for a while. A good friend wants me to do my Master's degree but I think studying is over for me for a while. I am getting old and my memory doesn't want to work so well any more.

My heart hurts for Israel at the moment. I see so much hurting and so much pain in Israel the Gaza strip is such a tiny piece of land and yet there is so much hatred and so much pain their tonight.

Having been to Israel and seen these places my heart hurts to think that God loves this land so much and yet people are still hurting and being hurt in this wonderful land. I pray for peace in Jerusalem daily. today I pray that God will change hearts and bring peace.

We will again be praying for Israel and Palestine in our meetings on Sunday.

So many of us are making plans to have a good 2009 and our Corps plans will be having their planning meeting on the 20th this to make so many plans for a year that is going to be amazing.

Beth Shan (our home for abused women) has been a great concern for us in that it needs to open in a new house but the house was a problem - Friday is D day so we are praying that God will again make a miracle happen and that we will be able to move into the house very soon. Pray with us for a speedy answer.

a good friend has given Jeff and I a verse from Scripture to encourage us and I am holding on to it with both of my hands

Zep 3:17 The LORD your God is with you; his power gives you victory. The LORD will take delight in you, and in his love he will give you new life. He will sing and be joyful over you

How wonderful for God to sing and be joyful over me! what a beautiful picture of love and hope.

I love the positive statements in Scripture - God is with you - his power gives you victory. I love that and I claim it for my life.

Well I have to put in a time of study now - leadership in teaching can be challenging but even more so when you are teaching adults. I know that God is preparing me for something and I will honour him in all things.

No comments: