Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday clear out

I had the awesome privilege of attending a wedding yesterday. Its becoming the norm to have weddings on a Sunday - still a bit strange though. Major Alister and Marika Venter's eldest daughter Alison was married to a wonderful young man. He was amazing from arriving at her Kitchen tea and presenting every lady there with a rose to speaking wonderful words to his new wife at the reception.

The wedding was conducted by Captain Garth Niemand and took place at a beautiful venue out in the Magaliesberg range. It was truly a beautiful place to be married. The colours were blue and white and looked beautiful.

Alison was beautiful and Branden was amazing. I wish them all the best for the future. They love the Lord and they have built their relationship on God. So they have everything going for them.

We were having such an amazing time at the wedding and someone said to me - this feels wrong - this is a Sunday. But I think weddings should take place on a Sunday. Its a covenant relationship! Why not celebrate it on the Lord's day.

I enjoyed the wedding it was great and we enjoyed the company as well.

I am busy reading a life of purpose for woman and again I am looking at what I am doing and how my passion is involved in what I do. I want to work in my passion but maybe my work needs to become my passion. Am I supposed to change my passion or my work???? Every time I try to do something to do with my passion I hit against people in position of authority over me shoot it down. Is it because I should not do these things or is the devil trying to keep me down???

south Africa is beautiful today. The sun is shining where I am and I am enjoying a day off. I'm at home and doing things but I allow myself not to worry about everything and everyone today.

this is going to be a hectic week as we have our Home League rally this week and its at our Corps (church)! We are doing the decor and getting the tea ready etc. etc. its going to be great but its going to be alot of work!!

anyway enough from me and my thoughts. Praying God's blessing over all who read this blog.

No comments: