Monday, September 22, 2008

without president

Today I woke up in a South Africa that had no president. this is the first time something like this had ever happened to me. And again I learn something new regarding the ANC. I had already learnt that the party has a pecking order. The strongest always wins. So it was no surprise to me that Zuma won in Polekwane. Slowly Zuma has become stronger until now he is stronger then Mbeki and so the weaker of the two must take the fall. I am very proud of the way the older wiser man stepped down. I dread to think about our Country being run by someone who has proven over and over again that he has a price and can be bought.

But I respect Romans 13 and I will obey the leaders God has appointed over me. I will pray for the leaders of this beautiful land.

I am reading an excellent book pathway to purpose for women by Katie Brazelton. Excellent for anyone searching for meaning with regard to their present path and for direction when the road seems to bend either to the left or right and both look equally attractive.

She quotes John Ortberg (another challenging author and teacher)

"Whatever our season of life, it offers its own opportunities and challenges for spiritual growth. Instead of wishing we were in another season we ought to find out what this one offers."

So I intend to do just that. I'm firstly going to really make sure I understand the present season then go on to understand what to do with the way I feel about it.

The country is going through a spring cleaning and I feel I am doing the same thing. Right now I am cleaning out cupboards and sorting through papers and filing etc. In my head space I am preparing for two big training opportunities that are coming up next month. I am also preparing for two exams in January. And in between I have to think up an original Christmas programme and keep smiling while my children prepare for their own exams and end of year activities. So life is good and expensive!

My prayer for now is that God will allow me to focus on the important issues of life. Family, friends and constantly placing Him at the centre of all that I do. Time management and not allowing myself the constant need to self-destruct.

No comments: